Tracking of packages and containers is of paramount importance in the proper processing of shipments.
Barcode technology is now widely used as a means of process automation in the parcel delivery and forwarding industry.
RFID products are expected to replace barcode technology in the near future for the following reasons:
- high resistance to external factors;
- possibility to store large amounts of information;
- long life and possibility for multiple use;
- information can be read without a line of sight between the reader and the tag;
- the contents of an entire container can be checked with only one pointing of the reader.